 Marketplace / Auctions / 1717
Re: A Question - honest answers welcome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:34:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Stanley writes:
But primarily for the black 1x16's - is it _just_ that I'm asking a
buck fifty for them that makes them undesirable or is it the lot size?
I wouldn't be overly opposed to cutting those lot sizes, but the whole
point now is to make things as easy as possible so I can squeeze
handling the auction into an hour or two each night, so I don't want
to go too far.

I'm deterred by the price, $1.00-$1.25 each and I'm in for at least one lot of
10, maybe two.  That extra $.25 just exceeds what I am willing to pay,
especially for a larger quantity.  The 2x2x11 pillars are worth $1.50 to me,
but they are only available in one set whereas the 1x16 bricks are available in
a variety of sets and colors.

Maybe everyone who really has a use for 1x16's has as many as they
need?

Nope, I can use more and I expect there are others who are always looking for
more.

Oh, and leave those red windows and white arches on eBay alone.  I
want to finally win something for a change.  (Just kidding - if you
can outbid me then the nice seller deserves the money.)

I'm laying off these for now, but I'd easily place a $30 bid if it was some
unknown eBay bidder ;-)  The arches make this an even more attractive lot!

-Mike