 Marketplace / Theory / 576
Re: Good Trader List proposed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 01:03:31 GMT

Just to confuse matters even more...  Recently I ran an auction on eBay
to sell an 'Android Base'. The high bidder had less that favorable
feedback. Rather than just toss in the towel, I made sure my intentions
(as the seller) were clear and unambiguous. He paid. Less than two weeks
at that. So just because someone screws up royally, it doesn't mean that
they won't clean up their act (nor does it mean they will).

Back to the subject matter:

Is the feedback system on eBay patented ? If not, I think that this is
a good model. It allows folks to leave positive history for good dealing
and negative for bad ones. In the end, it all sorts itself out

Ray

David Eaton wrote:

Actually, I'd rather like the idea of a comprehensive list, rather than an
exclusively bad or exclusively good list. For example, let's say Joe X. is a
"bad" trader. Suppose 14 people have dealt with Joe and have all gotten burned.
If he advertises that he's got a great set and I try to buy it and look for his
name on the "good" list, I won't find it. And if we don't have a bad list, I
won't find it there either. Hence, I'd probably assume him to be a well
intentioned newbie, and I'd most likely get burned as well, and nobody can
benefit from my experience except him, who walks away with my money.