 Marketplace / Theory / 364
Re: FA(eBay): blue hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:15:48 GMT

I certainly understand and sympathise with your budget constraints.

A thing is worth, to you, what you are willing to pay, or sell it
for(1). To you, the hopper is not worth more than 30. That's not what
the market thinks, but ultimately, to you, that's what it is worth. And
you're right.

Further, I read your post as not "demanding" that someone sell you one
at the price you want to pay, but rather just wishing that someone
would. And that's fine.

Budgets are a good thing to stick to, believe me. Stick to your guns. Be
patient. Some deal may come along. Perhaps you have something someone
wants other than money. Specifically, go look at my black hopper page on
SC and see if you have enough of the parts I want to make me an offer...
I credit well above market value for those parts.

While we are wishing for things, I wish that the blue hopper were not as
popular because Lego had seen fit to make a large quantity of high
quality train sets and it was one of many many good freight cars to
choose from instead of one of 3 total single freight cars (hopper,  car
carrier and octan tank) in the 9v line... and as far as I am concerned,
the best of the bunch, despite its puny cargo capacity. Octan stinks,
relatively speaking.

1 - as a thought exercise, no response needed, suppose you had one. What
would you sell it for if you thought you might never ever get a chance
to get a MIB copy again? THAT is what they are worth to me.