 Marketplace / Theory / 2556
Re: Class Action suit against KB toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 04:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Big Lots is even worse at this, because they never actually sell anything at
retali pricing.  Everything they have is already on sale.  I've seen things
marked up so much that with their "closeout pricing" it brings it back down
to MSRP!  I think Tuesday Morning is the worst offender in this area though.

I was in a Big Lots today. Most of the recent BL price stickers are merely a
price and a bar-code. I think Big Lots has done away with the MSRP shell game
(at least in the toys dept).

I have not seen the pricing strategy spread, so hopefully it didn't work out
for them.  I know that I certainly didn't buy anything at the store that had
LEGO marked up.  Not that I generally buy at MSRP anyways.

Troy

I have seen subtle pricing variations at Target stores over the past few years.
Usually nothing more than 10% one way or the other. I may be seeing something a
bit more than subtle with the new shelf resets at WM. My local WM has nothing on
the shelf priced above $50 (Lego that is), but another WM about 40 miles away
(larger city, more $$s) had some items priced up to $70. I need to go back and
recheck the local store to see if I missed something (old tags, missing tags,
etc). May have been crossed-eyes on my part, but I think I saw a $20 price diff
on the same set. We shall see is a day or two.

Ray