 Marketplace / Theory / 2460
Re: Paypal (Was: Re: Another Princess Leia auction (Was "Wow, check the price...))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:12:46 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Paul Ferguson writes:
Well, now there's another one.

[ ... snipped ... ]

On top of that this seller has a surcharge schedule for paying with • Paypal,
another pet peeve of mine (except for non-profit situations).  Why would • you
pay with Paypal if it is going to cost more?  I personally look for • actions
with Paypal as an option and will be more likely to bid on those because • of the
convinience but I am not going to pay $3 extra to pay with Paypal.

I personally accept credit card payments on Paypal and think this helps me • get
more buyers/bidders so it is worth the expence.  What do others think?

Eric Kingsley

I too consider PayPal's fees simply the cost of doing business  I don't
charge them back to the buyer and I don't try and get around them with
multiple accounts.  I avoid sellers who add PayPal surcharges.  Every once
in a while I forget to read someone's BrickLink TOS and get hit with extra
fees.  I rarely (they would have to have something I really need really
badly) place a subsequent order wioth these sellers.

I consider it nickel and diming the buyer when it is really a seller's
convenience (not having to go to the bank to make deposits) as well as a
buyer's convenience.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com