 Marketplace / Theory / 2443
Re: Wow! Check the price of this fig.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:54:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Erick Jensen writes:
This is probably a case of online bid jacking.  He's probably got a couple
buddies bidding up the price so it seems 'hot'.  It's a bit unethical but
then again, who said the internet requires ethincs?  It happens probably
more than we think.  I refuse to believe somebody will pay 50+ for 1 fig,
and not 100 for the whole set.

I seriously doubt its schilling. The 2 highest bidders have fb of 172 and
206. Schilling usually happens with peopel with low fb.

And the highest it ever sold on Bricklink is $50 - here...
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?MinifigID=sw026

85 people want that fig on Bricklink.. 85!!! And ebay has the advantage over
Bricklink for stuff like this where the market sets the price, not the seller.

And its not like you can just go to shop.lego.com and pick up a copy of the
falcon, it has been sold out for some time (making a brief comeback when
more were 'found in the wherehouse').

So if anything, I would be surprised if it stayed at $51.. I think it wil go
for $60-75 easy.

Mark P
(who wishes he did not sell the extra 10 Leia figs he once had)
http://www.landofbricks.com

Tell me if this seems strange to you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1776351584