 Marketplace / Theory / 2447
Re: Wow! Check the price of this fig.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:36:48 GMT

"I have seen this sell for up to 50 or 60 dollars here is your chance to get
it at a fraction of that"

Hmm, I've got a Jar Jar or two somewhere. I think I should auction them on
ebay, saying "I have seen this sell for up to 2000 dollars, here is your chance
to get it at a fraction of that!" and see what happens.

I wonder to what extent you can manipulate the buyer's expectation of final
sale price by saying something like that.

Kerry