 Marketplace / Theory / 2393
Re: The competitive market place
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:45:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
It would be really nifty if folks could all just get along without
rules. Unfortunately, as history and current events continue to show,
the world just doesn't work that way.

I disagree.  The fact that people have friction between them is de facto
since the beginnings of human history.  It has nothing to do with the
existence of rules -- rules are a collateral issue only.  Rules are an
attempt at a solution, and I think I could fairly point out that rules have
not worked and that the only people inclined to follow the rules are those
that probably benefit from them in some way.

If the guidelines are fuzzy (as they seem to be right now), the 2nd
poster feels obligated to respond to the first poster, and the race is
on.

This is no more than an attempt to force Suz to another position, which is
outrageous.  She's the head admin, if she is creating problems rather than
solving them it will be for her to decide.

And geez people -- this is capital, pure and simple, we are talking about!
There is likely nothing more complicated, or secretly violent, than commerce
-- DO PLEASE expect a little rowdiness.

-- Hop-Frog