 Marketplace / Theory / 2296
Re: I need a receipt!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:09:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
news:GqKx6p.65J@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this, but here goes....

I need an original receipts from Toys R Us for Lego set #1349 LEGO • Studios
Steven Spielberg MovieMaker Set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1349

Obviously, you would have had to have paid in cash and the receipt should • be
relatively recent for it to be of use to me.

Fraud kinda' sucks...you might want to explain why you would need this
receipt...

Of course, Toys 'R' Us will give you a gift card/Geoffrey Dollars/store
credit for the return without receipt, if you shop at T'R'U often enough • to
make that work...

Fraud? That's quite an assumption to be making, no?

No.

Look back at your original request...think about how you could have worded
it better, or explained your need more in depth (as you have done
now)...face it, despite the community aspect of LUGNET (and I looked for you
on the membership roster, and searched for how long you have been posting
here before I responded to you) most of us don't know each other from
Adam...helping you out on just your request would kinda' be like buying beer
for the kids hanging out outside the liquor store, ya' know?

My mother-in-law bought me this set for Christmas. I already have this set,
and it's not one of those sets you need two of. She bought it from TRU. She
lost the receipt. I checked with the usual suspects (Target, Walmart, Kmart,
etc) and the only two places that sell this set at all are Target and TRU.
Target is selling it for only $45.44, and my mother-in-law paid much more
than that.

I checked with 3 TRUs. TRU would only give me store credit if I had a
receipt because of the high price of the item being returned. I shop at TRU
all the time, so a gift card is quite useful.

Then you shouldn't have minded a receipt with a credit card in the first
place (the major possible fraud warning light for me)...if you walk in and
claim it was a gift, they'll give you store credit no matter the payment
method. They don't care who bought it , where, or how, as long as it is an
item they have in the computer so they can re-stock it. Since they force the
store credit nowadays, it's not like they're out any money...you've got to
spend it with them eventually, or loose it.

(And as an aside, if you are willing to go this far, why not just ask your
mom-in-law to send you a copy of her credit card statement showing the
purchase, and use that as proof...or, if it's that big of a hassle, let her
return it for the charge-back, and tell her what to get you in return...or
bottom line, you got it as a gift, so taking less that the $200 value for it
SHOULDN'T be too much skin off your back)

LFB is right...get the higher-ups involved and you will get your
credit...and I'd like to point out that it was the POS system and company
policy that blocked you from returning the set, not any type of
overabundance of knowledge on the behalf of the employees of either LEGO
sets or whether it was an electronic toy or not.

(Man, can you tell that I hate my local T'R'U, or what? As a former employee
of the giraffe (WAY former!), I hate to see the state the stores are in
today...UCK!)

Matt

(Back to lugnet.market.theory...back I say! <whip crack> Back now
thread...to the proper newsgroup! <whip crack>)