 General / 35364
Re: I need a receipt!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:17:20 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
news:GqKx6p.65J@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this, but here goes....

I need an original receipts from Toys R Us for Lego set #1349 LEGO • Studios
Steven Spielberg MovieMaker Set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1349

Obviously, you would have had to have paid in cash and the receipt should • be
relatively recent for it to be of use to me.

Fraud kinda' sucks...you might want to explain why you would need this
receipt...

Of course, Toys 'R' Us will give you a gift card/Geoffrey Dollars/store
credit for the return without receipt, if you shop at T'R'U often enough • to
make that work...

Fraud? That's quite an assumption to be making, no?

My mother-in-law bought me this set for Christmas. I already have this set,
and it's not one of those sets you need two of. She bought it from TRU. She
lost the receipt. I checked with the usual suspects (Target, Walmart, Kmart,
etc) and the only two places that sell this set at all are Target and TRU.
Target is selling it for only $45.44, and my mother-in-law paid much more
than that.

I checked with 3 TRUs. TRU would only give me store credit if I had a
receipt because of the high price of the item being returned. I shop at TRU
all the time, so a gift card is quite useful.