 General / 35362
Re: I need a receipt!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:
Of course, Toys 'R' Us will give you a gift card/Geoffrey Dollars/store
credit for the return without receipt, if you shop at T'R'U often enough to
make that work...

  ...and, you can only get a *cash* refund if the original purchaser
  paid with debit or cash.  I'm betting that most folks haven't bought
  their 1349s that way.  If you take it back without any receipt, they
  *should* be able to give you store credit, just as they would if the
  item had been bought with a third party CC.  I did that just today,
  in fact--I had lost my receipt--and I got a little card, that's good
  indefinitely and that I can use piecemeal (and I will, when the Ep II
  sets come out).

Ah, TRU (and Target) will NOT give credit without a receipt if the item
being returned is electronic in nature. The best either will do is an
exchange of that item if it is stock. This is to prevent folks who buy $5
DDKs at CompUSA from getting $100 credit in their store.

My T'R'U has moved all LEGO Mindstorms kits out of lockup, and has them on
the shelves. All 1394s were on the shelves from the get go...and I bet
they'd take a train set back no questions asked...

I dare you to find the 1% of T'R'U or Target employees who would know the
difference between the 1394 and any other LEGO set...

Matt

(Moving this to lugnet.market.theory if we're gonna' keep discussin' it)