 Marketplace / Theory / 2277
Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 04:44:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, William R. Ward writes:
"Julie Krenz" <dkrenz@mc.net> writes:
My local K-mart is ok, the people are very nice, the store is pretty
clean,but they installed those stoopid self check out machines,
should have invested in price scanners in the aisles like WM &
Target.

All the Kmarts I've been in lately have the price scanners in the
aisles...  It's a good thing, too, 'cause their LEGO section is always
a mess.  Self checkout is great, because most people would rather
stand in line, so I can be in and out very quickly.

Hee-hee! Self checkout just got installed locally...I simply HAD to try it
out, so I bought two candy bars to play with the machines...what garbage!
it's almost as bad a POS system as the Arco pay on the island cash machines.

The funny thing is, I was thinking to myself the whole time "Isn't K-Mart
close to bankruptcy right now? How can they justify the expense of
developing and implementing this system right now?"...I guess they couldn't!

Yeah...K-Mart sucks...definately sucks...yeah...

Matt