 Marketplace / Theory / 2022
Re: The meaning of "Complete"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:00:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
I'd just like to hear others' thoughts on this.  Are missing
pieces this frequent of an occurrence for you?  How do you
deal with it?  How do you think it happens in the first place?
It'd be cool if both buyers and sellers replied.

Same frequency as you experience on eBay (which is why I'ver pretty much
stopped buying sets there)

well under 5% (instead of 30%) for trades/auctions run here.

Ouch.  Well, it looks like it isn't just me then.

Hmm.... maybe you should stop buying on eBay unless the pricing is way way
better.

I don't have much choice---I collect Classic Space.  Occasionally
I catch wind of a non-eBay deal, but in general everything ends up
piled on eBay.  I'll just have to accept missing pieces as a fact
of life and put up with the inconvenience..., which at the moment
extends to a database to track what I'm missing, whether I've
contacted the seller about it, etc.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada