 Marketplace / Theory / 1996
Re: part pricing theory and practice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:26:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Ray Sanders writes:
Another example
is 'blue shutters'. Those were available in one of the FreeStyle boxes and in
'Majisto's Magical Workshop'. Imagine parting out MMWs just for the 'blue
shutters'. Imagine finding enough MMWs to even consider parting them out.

I have those I think!

And I want them for MTW production. They're on my watch list and  I
consistently buy them whenever it makes economic sense to do so (large
enough quantities or the seller has enough other stuff at good enough prices
to make it a worthwhile order).

Jon, you're critical of the price guide, and your criticism has merit. Why
haven't you raised the issue on BrickBay itself? Dan is quite receptive to
new features. The data exists to slice and dice the statistics any way
desired instead of the current unweighted average, since he hasn't tossed
any data yet.

I'd love to see every sale ever made of an element including who the seller
was the number of elements and the date of the sale... then I could analyse
the data as I saw fit. (and draw whatever erroneous conclusions I liked)

++Lar