 Marketplace / Theory / 1969
Re: "Default" part type.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:17:18 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
That said, I think N versus not N is pretty clear cut. U1 vs. U2 isn't.

I agree, I'd like to see something like a field which specifies new or not
(I'm in the same situation as Larry, buying to put together kits). Having
the seller specify it in the splash screen isn't much help as a search takes
you straight to the part in question and the splash screen is never visible
unless you specifically go to it. Even then, many sellers don't specify,
some put "New" or "Used" in their descriptions, some do that sometimes but
not always... I have several times abandoned shopping carts when I couldn't
work out what the parts condition was.

I experimented a bit when uploading some parts today with putting (NEW) in
the description. Problem with that is, your parts then sort later in the
search list than any lots of the same part which don't have anything extra
in the description, and when there are a lot of instances of a particular
part, as a seller that's a bad thing - not many people are going to look
much further than the first 10 or so lots and yours won't get seen as many
times!

There would have to be a clear definition of what constitutes NEW, of
course.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1