 Marketplace / Theory / 1965
Re: "Default" part type.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I have found lately that I am getting increasingly tripped up in some of my
deals because I forget to check, or the seller doesn't make it clear,
whether the parts on offer are used or new.

Do other people find this state of affairs confusing? Maybe this really is
just a Brickbay suggestion (and I'll go make it there) but I am wondering if
there's a larger issue here or not.

I haven't found this to be a problem, but perhaps that is because I am unlikely
to order BrickBay stores whose "front window" just says "I accept the following
forms of payment. . ." without specifying things like shipping costs.  I think
most of the time people who put some thought into their front windows do say
something to the effect of "all parts are new unless otherwise noted".

Of course, it's sometimes a pain to find that information, since the link in
the sidebar that takes you to a shop's main page has gone the way of the dodo.
. .

TWS Garrison