 Marketplace / Theory / 1532
Re: Announcing the Brickwise[tm] Shopping Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 03:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
Yes, that's what I was asking thanks. I'm in the Mike Stanley camp, I'd
like to see some distinction between 50 and 75% off... for me, on a lot
of items, 50% off is ho hum. Any hope for using something different (maybe
shift away from red after you get to 50%? I am not color blind so I can't
comment on whether shading on through orange and yellow to white (with an
outline??) works very well for those who are

I totally understand your use of red, as you've stated before, you feel red
shades are a good choice given various factors such as color blindness,
monitors and their colors, and the color schemes in use here.

Personally, I'd love to see lots of colors too...but would want to test that
out on various types of colorblindness first.  Might not be a problem to use
shapes in combination with reds.

BTW, if you could see the difference between 50% and 75% at a glance, would
it tend to increase the amount of money you might spend through those clicks?

Any chance for putting the MSRP and percentage discount into the alt tag for
the square instead of JUST the store name?

Sorta -- the MSRP isn't always known 100% for-sure-like, so I put in the
retailer's price instead and gave the markdown from the known MSRP.  So it
says stuff like:

   (-50%) $4.99 at eToys
   (+67%) $50.00 at FAO Schwartz
   etc.

Also I am of two minds about how much detail should go with the listing,
one mind says "save realestate you can search on another screen" and another
says "can I have a bit more info like MSRP and stuff" but it's not a well
formed wish yet.

Ya, me too.  This was a first crack.  There'll be other screens.

--Todd