 Marketplace / Theory / 131
Re: Fool's Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:52:19 GMT

Why do sellers on Ebay care if there is sniping?

As a seller, the sole reason I'd prefer an auction format that doesn't
encourage sniping is so that the winner of an auction is the one who
wanted to pay the most for it, who may not necessarily be the one who
has the fastest connection or mouse in the West. When an auction
involves bidders who don't have solid maximums in mind when they bid
(which apparently is very frequently), the winning bid isn't necessarily
the highest one.

Adam

bwappo@ee.net