 Marketplace / Shopping / 9592
Re: Fort Legoredo is not available after all! (Was: Re: 50% off at Amazon.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, William Toenjes writes:
Troy and all,
If you anticipate problems like this prior to a purchase you should be able
to call the toll-free number on the back of your credit card or monthly
statement and talk to a customer service representative and explain the
situation so they can flag your account to go through for that purchase only.

True. Good advice! It's what I do when I order large orders from overseas
(non US) suppliers and it saves a lot of hassle.

However I do not consider any order from Amazon (a US supplier selling and
shipping to a US address) that is under 1000 USD to be "large", and
therefore think that they have some possible areas for improvement. While it
IS true that Amazon is using Mercator software, perhaps they're not using it
as effectively as they could. :-)