 Marketplace / Shopping / 9585
Re: Fort Legoredo is not available after all! (Was: Re: 50% off at Amazon.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:06:27 GMT

I have a feeling that I too will soon be getting such a letter.  I can't say
that I am happy with the way Amazon has handled my order, again!  (They
haven't gotten one right yet)

I placed one order for 20 Legoredos.  Over the weekend they proceed to ship
and charge EACH set individually.  As anyone with a credit card will know,
multiple identical charges in a short period of time is a sure way to get a
call from your card issuers fraud detection department.

Sure enough, after 8 charges I got the call.  I fear that they tried to
charge all 20 this way, and the card was denied for the last 12.  Amazons
policy in this situation has been to just cancel the order when the card is
not approved.  And of course I can't reorder the sets, since they are now
out of them.  (They have done this too me in the past as well)

Troy

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, John Radtke writes:
Amazon.com / ToyRUs.com has some sweet half off deals including:

LEGO Fort Legoredo - $50!

I just received an email from Amazon that this set is now unavailable and
they have therefore removed it from my order  :-(

However, they appear to be still applying the discount on the shipping for
the two pirate ships I ordered so that's a good thing.

- Bob