 Marketplace / Shopping / 9266
  No-Lego buying resolution tanks

My resolution not to buy Lego this year survived 3 months. The other day I bought the Cloud Car at The Construction Site (Waltham, MA.) However, I got $30 of Lasy and other construction toys before breaking down and buying Lego, so it didn't seem (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

Bwahahahahahahahaha..!! Ahem...um..ok. -Jon (hehe) -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Gtt0Gr.KD7@lugnet.com... (...) got (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

3 months? Really? My evil resolution to not burn kittens only lasted a month and a half this year. So, how are everyone else's evil resolutions going? (Oh my goodness, did I just type that?!) Seriously, what's up with a resolution to NOT buy LEGOS? (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) All things in moderation... Also, I have enough Lego, and have no desire to reward their current mediocrity. I didn't say I wasn't building, just not buying. OK, I also bought a Super Chief for a gift. Have you tried puppies? (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

Oh, OK. So you're saying that you don't want to waste your money on the Jack Stone junk, etc. because you already have plenty of good stuff? It makes perfect sense now! I agree that the Super Chief is a set worth buying. I also esteem Dan Siskind's (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) I think the clearance-scavenger bottom-feeder behavior is part of why Lego does not consider us a real market segment (other than there being very few of us compared to families with children.) It's also that I'd rather save my money than buy (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) I'd rather get my hands on a few of those harry potter sets myself (just for the parts) but I won't even think about Jack Stone! I'd rather spend my money on something useful. But, I get it if you bought it out of clearance. (to spare other (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) Your evil resolution was to not burn kittens? Not burning kittens is evil, therefore burning them is not evil? That clears up *so* much. Thanks! LFB (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) I always thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe... ROSCO (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) Those albino mice taste like cardboard. (Man, I've gone way off topic. This doesn't have anything to do with LEGO anymore. Maybe I should build a little kitchen with me cookin' up some tastey critters.) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) This (...) little (...) Yeah, but you'll have to get some of those Harry Potter sets to get the various colored ingredients (as in rats!). :) Troy (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) I guess what I meant was that resolving to not burn kittens is a resolution that an evil person would make, since good people don't burn them already. What I was trying to do was draw a parallel to Erik's resolution of abstaining from (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) Try melting some cheese over them. I hear there's even a new product out that would not be off-topic... ;-) (URL) C. (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No-Lego buying resolution tanks

(...) Heheheh. You can get them fresh or frozen. obLego: Maybe I'll build a lego version of our pet snake... Steve (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)