 Marketplace / Shopping / 8797
  3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

I just got back from two Targets at lunch and they both had moved to 75% off. Didn't score much, and the LOM 7317 that were there last week were all gone, over 18 of them. I called my wife and the Target closest to our house was still at 50%, still (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) Yes, it has begun. I dropped by a Target at 8:30 this morning and the clearance toys were at 75% off *and* had been consolidated into one half-aisle. It looked to me as if the markdown had been at least a day earlier---*all* the Lego that was (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

Went to the Concord, NH, Target this afternoon and they had moved to the 75% off price point. All they had left for Lego sets was 24 Droid Escapes (I got them all), 4 Dinosaurs (I took two of them, probably for gifts) and one Soccer Super Sport (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) The C3P0 legs can be used to create new figures, and the R2D2 figs, without the rounded top, make great angled supports for ramps and such. Paul Sinasohn (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) Also, XP'd to CW because the C3PO's and R2D2's, in conjunction with several other pieces, will play important parts for participants in the IOM. So, you castleheads, keep ahold of em! -Chris (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

I was disappointed to find that Target tried a new trick. They did their 75% cut today at my local, except that they left a half-aisle at 50%. Of course you can guess where the LEGO was. Not that there was anything but the Arctic packs, but still, I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) Sadly my target was cleaned out before I got there this evening. The last discount (50%) was less than a week ago, so I didn't expect the next round to be so soon. Even my local walmart (the busiest one)had little to offer. I hope you guys (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I found 'em at Wal-mart, $10. I bought one. Otherwise, I wouldn't bite above $6. best LFB (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I hit my local Target last night and things were about the same. They had a few Artic value packs at %50 and 4 droid escapes still at %50. In fact, I checked it last Friday (after Wednesday's initial %50 clearance) just for my own curiosity. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

In Atlanta <-- See I told you where! I visited a few targets this morning and two of them moved to 75% off overnight. There were still LOM, Soccer, Artice value packs, various movie maker extras and Driod Escapes. HOWEVER, the Railway Express is now (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Avery writes: snip! (...) I think I caught that reference TJ! hehhehheh But I can tell you that I didn't raid any stores within a 50 mile radius of Houston! Actually this time I went in another direction...But I'm (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I bought a 4579 for $7 at Wal*Mart (Upland, CA) at $7 for 107 pieces, many of which are lt blue or orange, it's not bad. You can throw out the garbage and still have a pretty good value, if you happen to like the colors in the set. -- Tim (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) The ONLY parts in that set that interest me are the racer parts themselves. All 3 parts that sit on the SPUD wheels are interesting to me because I've got an upcoming mecha project(s) that can make use of them. Send me your trade lists (what (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)