 Marketplace / Shopping / 8779
8778  |  8780
Subject:
about Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:26:02 GMT

I've scored some pretty good hauls lately at Target, nothing more than 50% off,
but something happened last night I want to mention ...

Scene: /me standing in the doorway of a Target looking at my truck about 150 ft
away. Seperated from the truck by a driving rain storm.

Target checkout lady [peeking head thru doorway]: Hey, would you like an
umbrella ?

Me: Huh ?

Target checkout lady: Oh, we have lots, people forget them in thier carts all
the time.

Me: Wow, thanks.

That was cool. A little touch that a Target would do, but I can't see a WalMart
ever doing something like that. I'm even iffy on a K-Mart doing that.

Ray