 Marketplace / Shopping / 8409
Re: Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:24:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Morton writes:
Yes, I think you must have got someone who was on his last day of work or
something. Everytime I have ordered from Amazon, everything has been
exceptionally well packed. Infact, I order 6 UCS Ties last week and they
each arrived in seperate packing boxes in perfect condition.
I think you must have just had a packer with a grudge against the company or
something.

Richard.

You may have a good theory there.  I've never had a problem before and I'm
somewhat relieved that it doesn't seem to be a widespread
holiday-rush-cut-corners policy.

They did contact me and offered to replace the items at no additional
charge.  However, I stated up front in my complaint email to them that I did
not intend to return them under the circumstances.  So basically they made
me an offer I'd already refused.  Not a whole lot of consideration involved
there....

John