 Marketplace / Shopping / 8394
8393  |  8395
Subject:
Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 01:43:37 GMT

I ordered two half price UCS TIE sets and they shipped them to me in plastic
bags.  They are beaten and crushed and look like they were shipped in
plastic bags.  If these had been gifts I would be furious.  If they hadn't
been discounted I would return them on principle.  As it is I was just after
the parts and am merely unamused with their business practices.  Though I
still did give them a piece of my mind.

Those of you looking for gifts or collectible-condition items may want to be
wary however.

Happy Holidays!

John

  Re: Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order

wow! i'm very surprised... everything i get from them is usually packaged very well! Just today I got a small (about a UCS TIE fighter sized item) in about a refridgerator sized box! (ok, maybe a dishwasher, but it's certainly large enough to make a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)
  Re: Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order

Yes, I think you must have got someone who was on his last day of work or something. Everytime I have ordered from Amazon, everything has been exceptionally well packed. Infact, I order 6 UCS Ties last week and they each arrived in seperate packing (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)
  Re: Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon offered you some form of restitution if you complain loud enough, perhaps a coupon code for your next order. I have always had great service from Amazon and ordered 4 of the UCS Tie Fighter sets. All 4 arrived in (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)
  Re: Very unamused about latest Amazon.com order

(...) I received my order from Amazon today, very nicely packed, the only problem was they included 6 books and a pc game that I didn't order! Somebody is going to be ticked! Julie (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)