 Marketplace / Shopping / 8290
Re: TRU exclusive Bionicle mask case
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 05:49:59 GMT

That is misleading. The main page describing the binder in the Big Book says
"any Bionicle set purchase." The coupon itself, though, lists the Rahi sets
you actually have to buy. Unfortunately I had a diligent cashier... I tried
to get away with claiming that the $3.99 Turaga I was buying was indeed a
"Bionicle set" and should have qualified... to no avail. My TRU was out of
almost everything except Manas, which I already have, so I wound up buying
the binder for $9.99 and they promised me that I can come back with my
receipt and get that amount refunded if and when I buy one of the Rahi sets.

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
Julie,

What is interesting is that the BigBook I got on Sunday says you get this • case free
with ANY Bionicle set purchase.

I think I'm going to have an argument with the cashier soon ;-)

Julie Krenz wrote:

TRU has a coupon in it's Big Toy Book that came out yesterday. The • coupon is
for an exclusive to TRU mask case. You need to purchase either Nui-Ramu • (their
sp), Mauka & Kane-ra, Manas or Nui-jaga. It's a soft cover (nylon) tri • fold
case that closes with velcro. Inside are clear pockets for the masks • along with
a perforated sheet with stamp size pictures of all the masks. It's about • 12 x
12 inches. It is black and the front cover has in white letters: • "Bionicle"
"Lego" "toysrus" and a pic of a mask.

It's wasn't on the shelf at my TRU, they were keeping them by the • service desk.
She said they had about 180 of them.

The Big Toy Book is available in the store as well as Sunday's paper.

Julie

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/