 Marketplace / Shopping / 8276
Re: TRU exclusive Bionicle mask case
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 05:42:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Kubo writes:
I really like this case, if you haven't seen it, it is nylon fabric with
farily sturdy plastic holders. It doesn't hold the larger masks in perfect
position, but it does definately accomidate them all. Definately worth the $0 I paid for it.

<snip>

So, that's kind of a bummer.
For Smaller kids, Getting the Miru, Akaku, Kakama, Rau, and Matatu
masks in these pockets SUCK!!! I had a hard time, and getting them out again
is pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised to hear people tearing the pockets
trying to get masks to fit in to the pockets.
Over time, maybe these will stretch a bit, but at the outset -- Not good.
Good thing they're cheap now. (I mean, you gotta at LEAST buy the Nui-Rama
set. Unless you get lucky, which I am still hoping for.)

<snip>

I was thinking about this since I first saw these portfolios announced...try
this:

Use a hair dryer to soften the plastic before inserting the larger
masks...it SHOULD stretch nicely, and when it cools, should contract around
the mask well, too. Might be a nice thing to do for the smaller masks too,
to help them stay in place...the cooling plastic might contract around them.

Of course, this will only be really useful if you don't plan on removinng
the masks from the portfolio ever again. Post if anyone makes this work!

Matt