 Marketplace / Shopping / 8110
Re: Limited Edition Bioncile Pen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jimmy Park writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Matthew Gerber writes:

I'm not interested in a pen, but I think it would be nice if you offered to
pick up the pens for people at cost and shipping without any other fees.
You plan on being there anyways and there have been times when you've asked
people to pick up much larger items for you at cost.

Um, Jimmy?

Quoting Tom, as you did in your post: "(at cost plus shipping plus, say, $1-2?)"

I think you've misunderstood.  I am objecting to the added "$1-2" markup,
hence I wrote "without any other fees."  I think it would be cool if people
would sometimes do things for others without compensation.  And if Tom
doesn't want to do it (he hasn't answered yet), I certainly wouldn't mind
picking these pens up for people at true cost (which is cost plus shipping).

Yup...you're right...I missed the second "plus". I read it as $1-2 for shipping.

Come on Tom! I collected the McDonald's Bionicle Tohunga sets for Japp in
the Netherlands at no markup...and that was a relative pain-in-the-@$$ (what
with last minute trades and all). Jimmy's right...if anyone wants them, and
you ARE going to be there anyway, be a straight shooter for the community.

Especially if others have treated you with the same respect in the past.

Matt