 Marketplace / Shopping / 6454
Re: Some finds at the Georgia Outlet... 6416 Paradisa!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:02:54 GMT

Thanks for that info Rose,

I'd really appreciate if she did, because I still can't get through
(just tried it several times now).  Likewise, if anyone actually gets
to her, please tell her that I AM trying to call her as we arranged.

I'd put my number up here, but I don't really want to shoot it out
to the entire universe.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rose Regner writes:
She may have saved them for you. She told me 40 or 50 were spoken for.
(5122). She was suppose to have 10 left, which she sold to me.

Rose

paul ferguson wrote in message ...
In my case (I think that I really was the first to get her -- she
told me she had just gotten in, and I had called four times since 9:00
getting no answer), she didn't take my number to call me back.

What I wanted:

5122 (no surprise) X 40 -- she told me she had several
     boxes but didn't know how many.

6125 x 1
6557 x 1
5835 x 1
6416 x 1

Now, of course, if I want any or all of this, I know I can eventually
get it by paying 3-5 times as much or more via Ebay, Brickbay, etc.
I'm just slightly discouraged that, although I seem to have actually
been first in line, the system "evolved" to move me back.

So, I suppose that if one of you folks (obviously someone from LugNet)
swept up all of the 5122s and wants to contact me about trading some
parts for something I've got (LOTS of stuff from sets issued 1997 and
later - before was my Dark Age), I guess that I'm willing to hear what
you've got to say.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rose Regner writes:
She started doing this while I was on the phone with her. She needed me to
call back so she could use a different phone. Before I could redial • someone
else got through and she took their number, then she called me back. She
kept getting phone calls from people and kept taking numbers. Then she
finally left the second line off the hook, hence the busy signal.

She was trying to be fair to everyone. What was Paul looking for?

I was on the phone a while with her because I was getting the all the
prices. I told her I would go ahead and get all the prices of items so • that
she didn't have to go through the prices with everyone that called.

Paradisa was hot, I decided not to take one as I found a copy at a garage
sale this summer, and she only had a few.

Rose

Rob Doucette wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Ferguson writes:
Since then I've spent 45 minutes redialing to reach the number, which
is busy, and I see that the items I want are all sold out.  Big :(

I finally got through around 10:00 A.M. If she took your name down at • 9:30
A.M., that's your place in line.  She said she was calling folks back in
order so if stuff is gone by the time you reconnect, it was probably gone
before 9:30 A.M. I too missed everything.  I haven't got a call back yet • and
its 11:15 now, Oh well...

-Rob.