 Marketplace / Shopping / 566
Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:56:49 GMT

adam.payne.1998@alum.bu.edu (Adam Payne) wrote:

The shipment arrived Friday!  The boxes were in great shape, and I
can't wait to get down to building my first Super Car!

Sadly my order from kbkids.com didn't turn out nearly as well.  2 of
the 3 sets were fine, but instead of a Naboo Fighter, they sent me an
inflatable Jar-Jar Binks chair!  Ack.  Hope it won't be difficult to
straighten that one out.

Adam

In one of my rare forays into RTL, I saw someone had gotten an 8880
Super Car from a site in France (www.dya-shopping.com) for less than
retail.  I looked at the site, and, even with shipping to the US it's
still below retail.  I promptly ordered an 8880 and a 5571 Model Team
Giant Truck.

My question (naturally it's too late now, what with my having
succumbed to the panic of "Oh my God!  Legos that I want at less than
eBay prices! Must buy NOW!") is whether any of you lugnet denizens
have heard of/used the site, and if there are any kudos or cautionary
tales.  FWIW, some RTL'ers chimed in that they'd gotten stuff from
there, but I'm inherently suspicious of anything on USENET relating to
an electronic retailer (for all I know the oringal poster and
followups all come from people connected with the site, if it were
some kind of scam).  Posters to lugnet seem to be generally courteous,
kind, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and revererent--as opposed to
the newbies, spammers, and predators that lurk around the more
publicly-accessible forums.

So is the consensus that I'll be kissing the bricks of two great big
Lego sets in a few days, or merely kissing the money goodbye?

Adam