 Marketplace / Shopping / 4576
Re: 6600 deap clearanced at Targer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:58:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Alan Demlow writes:
Hiya.  I picked up 3 6600 (large road constructions sets) for $20 each today
at Target, 75% off.  That's getting closer to a reasonable price for the
set! ;-)  The rest of the clearance stuff was still 30% off.

Happy hunting...

Alan

I'm afraid I actually paid $80 for mine, then I had to spend another $30 on
blue baseplates so I could build a river through town for the bridge to
cross.  And *then* it turns out they do not line-up perfectly on road plates-
it’s a stud-row off.  Whoever called it the "Bridge to Nowhere" was dead on...

Although I am a sucker for any sort of infrastructure for the town,  I really
hate the way the new sets (for instance, 6426 and the new police station, and
the new soccer stadium) are, it looks, designed to be placed "around" each
other, not lined up on baseplates.

Maybe I'll go buy a few more, toss the ridiculous ramps, and make my town sort
of a florida keys type place...