 Marketplace / Shopping / 4520
Re: 1200 Blue Tub - price increase?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:18:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Poindexter writes:

Too bad so many people don't want to buy
bulk bricks expecting them to drop down to bulk tub prices.

Too bad TLG decided to call a $7 bag of 50 2x4 bricks "bulk",  when they
could have sold a $10 bag of 200,  and made about the same net profit.

With the possible exception of light grey,  I think the guy who's breaking
up tubs and service packs for sale on ebay is offering better prices on
bricks.  Selling product to a competitor at a price that lets him undercut
you is not exactly what you'd call an "optimum survival strategy"...

If the LS@H folks aren't going to get serious about genuine "bulk" quantities
of bricks, I'd much rather see them drop the idea,  and devote more of those
resources to the other elements (like windows and trees) that are both
helpful to people doing large projects,  and don't have to compete with tubs.

Ran