 Marketplace / Shopping / 4345
Re: Legoland Tent Sale Items - Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:48:20 GMT

[This branch of the thread really belongs in .shopping]

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ran Talbott writes:

If anyone knows how to get connected to a real person at Legoland

Thanks to John Herre,  who emailed me with this Deviously Clever Scheme (tm):

   'I used the 760 918-5346 number, and got an automated system.  For the
    first menu, I believe I pushed "1" (Lego sales), and for the second
    menu, "0" (operator); you might want to listen to the menus and double
    check the numbers.  You then have to ask to talk to the "post office",
    their term for department that handles their mail order.  If someone
    isn't busy, you get a person; otherwise, its voice mail.'

The operator made a point of saying "If you get the voicemail box,  please
leave a message:  someone *will* get back to you" (emphasis his).

But I got a real person,  who cheerfully and courteously took my order.  It
seemed like she wasn't working at a computer,  though,  so the final contents
of the shipping box(es) *might* be a bit of a surprise.  ;-)

So,  thank you,  John and John,  for taking the time to pass along the info
that made it possible to take advantage of a sale I would have otherwise had
to miss,  to get some useful parts,  and a couple of sets that I had
given up on finding.

Ran