 Marketplace / Shopping / 4337
Re: Legoland Tent Sale Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 06:13:10 GMT

[x-post to .b-s-t, fut to .b-s-t]

In lugnet.legoland.california, John Gramley writes:
Hey all!

I just came home from Legoland's tent sale to let everyone know what they
have.

<snip>

Thanks to everyone who has replied and persuaded me to try this new endeavor!
I have given it a lot of thought and will give it a go.

Here are the terms.  I reserve the right to refuse any order for any reason.
I will only accept orders from those living in the US.  I will be using USPS
Priority Mail for shipping.  I will only accept PayPal payments, and only in
advance of shipment.  I will not be held responsible for any shortages or
errors on the part of Legoland, or typographical and transcription errors on
my part.  Sales tax of 7.75% will be charged on all purchases.  The handling
fee will be 4% of the pre-tax subtotal.  Shipping charges will also be added
to the total.

Since I am not used to USPS Priority Mail shipping charges, and since the on-
hand stock of sets at Legoland is out of my control, I will be using the
following system:

Step 1.  You write me an e-mail (at jkgii@aol.com) to let me know which sets
you'd like and how many.

Step 2.  I'll write you back and let you know if I think I'll be able to get
the sets for you.  I have a 22-month-old toddler and I'm taking a class at the
local junior college, so I may just run out of time.  If it looks like I can
try to get the sets, I'll let you know how much the cost (including tax but
not shipping or handling) will be.

Step 3.  If you agree on the price and terms, e-mail this partial payment to
my PayPal address.

Step 4.  After I have received payment, I will go to Legoland and buy the
available sets.

Step 5.  When I have them in front of me and can reasonably figure out what
the actual shipping charge will be, I'll e-mail you and let you know how much
they will be.  At this time, if Legoland didn't have all the sets you
requested, I'll subtract the difference from the shipping and handling, and
send a refund if necessary.  If you have a change of heart, you must let me
know by this point.  I won't refund any money after shipping an order.

Step 6.  After I receive the s/h payment I'll ship the order out.  Please note
that it may take a couple of days to ship, for the same reasons that I might
not be able to accept an order.

Step 7.  Enjoy your sets!

I know this may seem like a tedious process, but I'm just very new to this and
will work to streamline as soon as possible.  I'll be checking my e-mail
several times a day to ensure that this doesn't become a large delay factor.

Since I _am_ new to the shipping side of Lego-purchasing, you are perfectly
entitled to know if I'm reliable.  That's fair.  I have ordered from several
user's sites and from ebay (under disney42@aol.com) and have always made
prompt payments.  To that I can only add that I intend to be a long-time
member of the Lugnet community and don't want to jeopardize Lugnet or my good
name on Lugnet.

Here is a repost of the available sets (with the two corrections that have
been pointed out)[1]:

6766  $19.98
6496  $6.25
6455  $13.48
6332  $27.00
6454  $8.98
6445  $3.25
*6497  $11.50* (not $4.50)
6463  $1.48
6468  $3.00
6434  $22.00
6572  $2.50
6104  $2.00
2161  $9.50
2962  $3.48
8213  $3.25
8251  $3.48
6089  $21.00
3052  $12.98
3038  $25.00
8226  $5.50
8268  $6.50
2129  $2.25 (red or yellow - same set #)
2854  $2.48
8252  $8.48
8245  $12.50
8246  $1.48
8269  $16.50
8247  $2.48
6903  $1.00
6905  $6.00
6907  $8.50
6837  $3.00
6979  $28.50
6817  $1.50
5925  $2.48
5958  $12.50
5978  $21.00
5928  $2.50
5976  $21.98
5936  $5.48
7130  $9.98
4128  $9.50

The Big shop also has some bins of "sale" items.  The following are $2.95:
2854, 5938, 6333, 6836, *5918* (not 5988), 6110, 6829,  and 8202.  The
following are $1.95:  2847, 2849, 6100, 6400, 6585, and 6800.

Thank you all very much for convincing me to try this.  If it goes well, I'll
keep a similar arrangement for future promtions, and also for Legoland-
specific merchandise (such as souvenirs) for those who can't come visit or who
forgot to buy something while they were here.

John Gramley

[1] I will not be held responsible for incorrect information due to Legoland's
error or any errors on my part.  I hadtrouble being able to read my own
handwriting - my pen was running out of ink and I was writing on the back of a
small coupon.