 Marketplace / Shopping / 3211
Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:48:17 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Lego is a duty free item in whatever quantity. If they try to collect
customs or duties, fight it. You'll do better if you dig up the
reference, posted here on LUGNET at some time in the past, to the US
customs web site which clearly shows that Lego is duty free, as are all
other plastic construction toys.

Here is the message:

http://www.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=176

Note that this status only applies to construction toys imported from
countries which we have "Normal Trade Relations" (NTR) with (used to be
called "Most Favored Nation"). I don't think there are any European
countries that don't have NTR status.

It's nice that they changed their terminology. "Most Favored Nation"
sounded pretty silly when most countries had it.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com