 Marketplace / Shopping / 2485
Re: Stupid: Bought an Open Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:07:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
G'day folks,

My first LUGNET post here actually..., aside from the great thread I had going
with myself over in /TEST  :]  I only got back into this buying LEGO thing
recently after a lapse of sanity of about 15 years..., what was I
thinking??! :]

Anyhow, hit the Toys'R'Us last night and discovered a "reduced to clear"
section of the LEGO shelf.  Never noticed it before because it was on the far
side of the Duplo section, and I'm normally hunting for Star Wars (that's what
brought me back to LEGO).  Anyhow, it was mostly a bangers'n'mash sale with
boxes that made me wonder where the steamroller section of the store was.
Actually one of the sets in the section wasn't squashed at all: a nice little
6468..., my first winch!!  :]  Everything in the section had the UPCs covered
over with black marker, and they were instead priced with a green clearance
sticker.  I sorted arond the bizarro kits (personal opinion) and found a few
things that looked interesting for a clearance price.  One of them was a
Technic 8207 "Dune Duster".

Unfortunately, I didn't notice until I got it home that the box had been
opened and re-taped.  Funny too, because I checked the other 3 sets I bought
for that sort of thing.  So inevitably it's missing pieces, like half kit.
I'm not going to count but out of 82 pieces I'd guess I have about 40-50.

So, any suggestions on how I can get the missing pieces?  Turns out this set
is from '96 so that's going back a bit.  I don't really want to buy a full kit
from someone because I'm freaky about having part kits laying around.  Is it
possible to buy what I'm missing from LEGO?  I don't mind paying for the
pieces since I knew the risks of buying from that shelf.  But that's going to
be a hefty list of parts going to LEGO.  I'd have to photocopy the
instructions, and circle everything I'm missing I guess.

Anyhow, hope someone can help..., it's a neat little set.

Just call LEGO Consumer Affairs. Replacement parts are free (in most cases,
including yours).