 Marketplace / Shopping / 2484
2483  |  2485
Subject:
Slightly off-topic FOTM (Find of the MONTH)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:24:29 GMT

OK... you have roughly 26 hours (Eastern Standard Time) to duplicate this
feat... follow these directions to the letter and you will be rewarded...

#1 Live within driving distance to a Wal-Mart that's close to a Staples
store...

#2 Verify that the Wal-Mart has the Lexmark Z11 printer advertised in this
week's flyer for $59.93 (everyday price) in stock.  Verify that the "Supplier
Description" beside the UPC code on the end of the box says "Z11 Color
Jetprinter" Get a copy of the flyer to take with you.

#3 Go to the Staples store and see if they have the Lexmark Z11 printer in
stock... these are regular retail $99.95... Pick up the Lexmark $50 Rebate
coupon off the shelf or rebate board...  Ask a computer department clerk to
price match the Walmart advertisement (which you brought with you!) If they
try to say it is a different model ask them to call and verify with Wal-Mart
the "Supplier Description".  (My Staples did not even give me any problem
after I told them I checked the descriptions, of course I spend a fortune in
there so they usually take good care of me!)  These are the same printers, Wal-
Mart just has a box with the "Z11" noticably missing.

#4 Be sure to whip out your Staples Dividends or Gold Dividends card to get an
extra 2-1/2% or 5% kickback if you buy $250 in a quarter.  Sign up if you
don't have one, they are free!

#5 Fill out the rebate and get all but the tax and $9.95 back from Lexmark...
notice the line that says Target, OfficeMax and Wal-Mart printers don't
qualify... Be sure to send in the card to get 2 free pieces of software
(Corel, etc.) for $7.95 shipping.

#6 Enjoy a nice new color printer for less than the price of a couple of reams
of paper, let alone an ink cartridge!

PRINTERS FOR THIS REBATE MUST BE PURCHASED ON OR BEFORE 1/29/2000

#7 Send me a note or cool technic piece or two as a thank you! :)

#8 To keep this sort-of topical... print all your brickshelf references and
Ldraw renderings in 1200x1200dpi full color!

Dave