 Marketplace / Shopping / 2491
Re: Stupid: Bought an Open Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:49:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Matthew Wilkins writes:

*grin* I just got a 6456 Mission Control that I found on a Fred Meyer
clearance table for US$80 clearanced at 50% off. It had been opened, and about
33% of the pieces were missing... but it had some pink 2x10 plates, and some
McDonald's-printed bits, and some *shudder* Mega-Bloks in it...

Pardon me whilst I go and wash the stink of clones off myself.

LOL...  I picked up a Duplo tub on clearance at TRU last weekend.  It had been
beat up, opened, taped and re-taped many, many times.  Marked down to $4.90 from
the $15-ish range.  When I brought it home and performed a brickventory, we
discovered that it contained all the originals, plus extras from a few other
sets.

Darn.  :-)

- Mike