 Marketplace / Shopping / 2341
Re: 8480 Space Shuttle have hit $56.25 or less!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:08:15 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Yes, but all you have to do is call and have them shipped.

Unfortunately that's not quite the case--I went tonight to a ZB here in mid-NJ, where
I'd spoken to a regional manager yesterday.  They called Huntingdon Valley, PA and
confirmed both a) that they'd been selling 8480 for that price and b) that it was a
one-off "judgement call" precipitated by the peculiar arrangement of the signage that
implied the set was an additional 30% off.  The manager of the store today showed me
a memo that had been thrown off in their region about this specific case (they were
apparently sick of getting phone calls :) ), and that under vague threat of
"disciplinary action" no 8480s were to be sold for less than $75 unless damaged.
This entire brouha apparently got a lot of stores in a lot of hot water with upper
management.

On the bright side, the manager took my name and number after I promised him I'd
clean out most or all of his inventory if the price dipped below $50, or take a few
below $60.  He's willing to give me a little bit of notice before the prices drop
again, so that I can beat the rush of people calling and demanding they be shipped to
some other strange location.  :)  However, I'm still watching like a hawk.

Disappointed (but optimistic),

Lindsay.