 Marketplace / Shopping / 12600
Re: Target Prices Plunging!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, scott Frischmann wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:

snipizzle

I visited two Target stores, one near my office and one near home yesterday.
Both had very little LEGO and none of it was on clearance.  In the Raleigh,
NC area, LEGO seemed to be pretty popular for Christmas as most of the
stores were pretty picked over before Christmas.

Mike

I checked out Target in Gig Harbor today and there wuz nothin on sale or
clearance.
It woulda been cool to get a Mindstorms set for ½ off.

sjf

A number of Target stores are near my home here just south of Nashville.  After
reading the original post in this thread on Wednesday, I took a trip to the
closest one.  The Lego aisle was essentially bare, except for a few items at
full price.  No NXTs (my interest of late) to be found.

But I came back home and checked target.com for 'lego NXT'.  They had it on the
website for $250 but also a link that said something like "find one at a store
near you."  So, I typed in my zip code and up came a list of stores, sorted by
increasing distance from my abode.  The local one, and the next two said "out of
stock" but number 4 said "limited availabiliy".  So, that evening I went on a
slightly longer safari to the "limited availability" one.

This Lego aisle was nearly bare as well, but I did score a Vladek's Dark
Fortress at 75% off.  How that was still around is beyond me.  I didn't see any
NXTs, so I asked a sales clerk.  I said I was looking for the "Lego NXT robot
thing."  She took me not to the Lego aisle but to the robots aisle.  Buried
within the other robot toys was one lonely NXT at 30% off.

I contemplated leaving it to Thursday to see if it would drop to 50% but decided
to not be greedy.  So I got it for 30% off, which is still nice.

But Thursday I went back to target.com to see if the inventory thingy had
included my find of the previous night.  At this point, I could find the NXT on
the website but there was no "find one at a store near you" button.  Go figure.

Anyway, I'm not sure what all this means, but to me it means I have my birthday
NXT and a gift for a kid sometime in 2007.

Happy New Year everyone.

Rafe