 Marketplace / Shopping / 12324
  [US] Target Clearances Begin

I'm seeing Quatro, Thomas, and Knights' Kingdom on clearance. No clearance of Vahki or LEGOVille, even though that's the stuff that's still on the shelves in significant quantities. TWS Garrison (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin

(...) My local Target was pretty picked through, the only thing that I saw was their exclusive version of the Harry Potter Durmstrang ship marked down to $40 from the original $50. I am gonna have to check some other Target stores, as this one (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin

(...) I got 1 Ultimate Space Battle for 20% off. I almost started buying Thomas just because. -Erik (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin

(...) I can echo everyone else's sentiments. The 11 Targets I've been to have either been picked clean or had most of what you've all mentioned. In addition, most Racers sets and the 4096 tubs are on clearance as well. At one store, I found a few (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dave Johann wrote: <lots of snippage> (...) ALL the stores are like this, not just Target. I think the stores stocked less due to economic concerns...the Lego aisles at Wal-Mart and KayBee were picked over two weeks (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)

(...) Yeah, I'm guessing that everyone was tired of constantly putting LEGO on clearance, and finally ordered less this year. It is kind of strange that the shrinkage has been so consistent over different retailers. Or maybe TLC is paying for less (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)

(...) Making more money / less in debt this year? You're not the only one I think. IIRC Jake mentioned that LEGO just didn't make enough sets. I think the shelves are bare because lots of people could finally afford to buy all the LEGO they passed (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)

I ran around Rochester, NY yesterday and found very little compared to 2-4 years ago. Targets: $25 Durmstrang Ship (#4768, $50), only 2 of them at 1 Target (I got 1) $13 Battle Wagon (#8874, $20), only 1 between 2 Targets... $13 Duplo Purple Bucket (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin

Looks like I am in the exception. As with every year, the Target I hit up today (2 January) had excellent pickings and bargains: -Harry Potter boat (with bonus figures) $12.48 -Star Wars Ultimate Space Battle $12.48 -Bionicle Value Pack (10203) (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)

So, I hit 3 more area Targets today.... 1 had lots of (new) Lego (the new Classic Star Wars was what I most noticed), while the other 2 had... well, the line from the person working the Toy section should sum it up... Me: Excuse me, but do you have (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.market.shopping)