 Marketplace / Shopping / 11884
    Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Allan Bedford
   A few days ago, in this thread: (URL) mentioned the large group order that we (my co-workers & I) do every year about this time. This was our third annual and largest order yet. I'm not sure how many other people do this in their office/workplace or (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Scott Lyttle
   (...) Well, it sounds nice and good...but you have to be able to demonstrate that it's feasible AND profitable. A few key details... 1) most companies make money on Shipping and Handling when they do it. What you are proposing is to reduce that (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Snipped good pros and cons. Howe about a compromise? a "do it yourself kit" as it were. Put together a few paragraphs on how to organise a group order, provide a sample excel spreadsheet and instructions for use, and disclaim the heck out of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Allan Bedford
     (...) Yes, good idea. :) (...) Do you mean that LEGO would do this? (...) I saw the idea of a full-blown group program as the last step, not the first. The first step would be seeing how customers would react to this. See my response to Scott's (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Why? People offer advice all the time. What exactly is wrong with putting up a web page with a list of things to consider when doing this, and a sample excel spreadsheet? That doesn't seem like much of a risk to me. If I had time and interest (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Allan Bedford
     (...) I do hope that other people would pick up on this type of order and have a go at it for themselves. I just think the overall direction for this type of thing should come from the company.... if they want to do it. (...) The only risk being (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Scott Lyttle
     (snip) (...) The only problem I see there is there may be liability issues. Multiple names on a single order? Ok, how would someone at the company know who the main person is? Would one person be the "primary", and when placing the order, would have (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Allan Bedford
     (...) Multiple names on the online form, associated with the products each person ordered. The payment and shipping of the overall order are still handled with one name, one credit card. No change to the back end processing at all. This is strictly (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Darren Hoffman
     (...) Well, I really like this idea, I have put together a couple of multible orders in the past, as well as sending new customers to LEGO shop at home, and never even received a thank you from LEGO. all these people would never have considered (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —Allan Bedford
   (...) [My notes snipped... message was getting way too long.] :) (...) True. Since I'm not privy to any of LEGO's financial information all of my ideas and thoughts about this were pure speculation. However, it is clear to me that our $900 order was (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order —William R. Ward
   (...) Especially when you consider that $200-300 would probably have been spent at retail stores like TRU, where LEGO's percentage of the proceeds is lower... (...) I don't think LEGO would be interested in taking on a Pampered Chef or Tupperware (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)