 Marketplace / Shopping / 1166
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:52:02 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Mike Stanley wrote:

But on those that won't work I simply have her parents order the DVD
with the coupon and have it shipped to their address, then they
bring them up whenever they visit.  Some might say that's breaking
the "rules" but I say the rule itself is stupid if it denies two
adult consumers who happen to be living in the same home the ability
to purchase separate items.

Wonder where the Great One who Makes No Mistakes would stand on that
little issue?

I THINK he meant me, and I missed it the first time (1). Anyway...

<bzzt>

It's wrong. You're cheating the organization when you use different
shipping addresses to make it look like you're not in the same
household.

Ok, I THINK you're responding to something else I wrote above that,
maybe me saying Rachael and I could use our different work addresses
as shipping addresses to get around a one per household deal.

Certainly you're not saying that if I get in on a deal that's one
per household, then privately contract with another person at
another address to get in on the same deal, paying with their money
and having it shipped to their address, then at some time after that
pay them for the item which they then hand to me, is cheating?

If so, you would be saying this?

[Deal is one per household]

I buy one.  Rachael can't.  (That's ok)
I buy one.  Rachael does as well, ships to work.  (Not ok. Cheating)
Rachael's Dad buys one.  Sells to me when he comes to town next.
(Not ok - also cheating?)

Surely not, Larry, champion of the rights of individuals to contract
with one another to do business?

I would have thought you would say it's cool for me to contract with
everyone in my apartment building to buy such and such deal.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/