 Marketplace / Shopping / 1174
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:32:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

(sorry for not removing .uk before now)

The fact that a rule is stupid or even that it costs the company sales
when it is adhered to is irrelevant. If the company promulgates a rule
and makes it a part of the implied contract between you and they, you
are bound to abide by it or be in breach of contract.

I agree.  I just see the end result as being no different than if I
had one shipped to work.  But that's the funny thing about morals -
we bend ourselves around them to feel good about things even if
we're essentially still doing the same thing as the thing we think
is "immoral".

Now, this particular breach may be small beer, but it's a breach
nonetheless. You can certainly choose to be in breech as long as you are
prepared to accept the consequences. One of those being that I consider

Well, like I said, when I see a deal that is limited to one per
household I just have Rachael's Dad order it, which I'm glad to see
you agree is perfectly A-OK.  Maybe it means I get my second DVD a
week or two after the first, but I can handle that.

Certainly you're not saying that if I get in on a deal that's one
per household, then privately contract with another person at
another address to get in on the same deal, paying with their money
and having it shipped to their address, then at some time after that
pay them for the item which they then hand to me, is cheating?

Not at all. That household chose to buy it. Unless the terms are "no
resale ever" they can then sell to you at whatever price they choose
including what they paid, more, or less, and not be in breach.

I don't think I've ever seen a "no resale ever" restriction on these
deals.  So I guess I'm safe in your opinion.

I would have thought you would say it's cool for me to contract with
everyone in my apartment building to buy such and such deal.

I do say so. Unless the terms say no resale.

Ok, so we're agreed on that.  If I knew my neighbors well enough I
might even consider getting them to do that.  :)

Now, what about the roommates situation?  Do they qualify as a
household because they live at the same address or are they not a
household because they are not related/married, etc?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/