 Marketplace / Shopping / 11405
Re: Disneyland Imagination Center- PaB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:13:23 GMT

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
news:16482.12956.401236.695772@komodo.home.wards.net...

Selling by weight is more convenient for customers.  But selling by
the cup is easier for the stores.  It's just a single SKU to ring up,
and no messing with accuracy of scales, tare weight of containers, etc.

I'm of the opinion that it is the fixed price of the cups that makes them
better for the stores to handle.  Whatever the kids jam in the cup, the
price remains the same.

Now, imagine this scenario....Kid gets a baggie and starts packig it full of
Lego.  Kid and parents has no idea what it is going to cost.  They get in
line to ppay, the bag is weighed, and comes up 3 pounds...Which is over $80!
Parent *faints* and some poor store clerk is stuck resorting the bag of
parts back out into the bin.

Seems like it would be a nightmare to me...

Troy