 Marketplace / Shopping / 11400
Re: Disneyland Imagination Center- PaB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Kollross wrote:
I have friends going to Disneyland and I was wondering if anyone knows if there
is a PaB there

Yes, there is.

and if so if there is a list posted as to what is available?

The inventory changes from time to time.  I was not overly thrilled with the
selection the last time I was there.  It's not like they have a whole bin full
of some rare part you can fill up on--basically there will be several bins of
2x4 bricks in various colors, 2x2, 1x2, etc, similar with plates, and maybe a
couple of bins of slopes (they had red 33 degree slopes when I was there) or
detail pieces.

Generally the store is very much worth going to to have a look around.
Selection is amazing--basically any set for sale right now, including Shop@Home
exclusives and themes like Belville that rarely show up in toy stores.  Prices
will be what you see on the Shop@Home site, with an occasional sale, so it's not
like you're going to get great deals.  You will probably see some things like
t-shirts and keychains that may or may not be available at lego.com (I've never
looked).  However, much of the fun is in checking out the display sculptures:
<http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/official/legostore1/legostore1main.html>
<http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/official/legostore2/legostore2main.html>
and there are also "free play" tables (you can see one through the window in
that first link above).  Plus there is just the feeling of standing in a store
that is all LEGO.

If you're going into Disneyland, also be sure to check out the store by the Star
Tours ride, which has a good selection of Star Wars LEGO sets.  When I was there
a year ago they had some sets still that were no longer available in most
stores.

Bruce