 Marketplace / Shopping / 11403
Re: Disneyland Imagination Center- PaB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:15:08 GMT

Ray Silva writes:
I believe that there is one now.  I personally haven't seen much of an
assortment, but was talking to a buddy of mine the other day, and he said he
got some good pieces there.  They use the "fill-a-cup" method like the other
Imagination Stores, whereas Legoland California uses the "by weight" method.
Not sure which works out to be the better cost, but the selection is usually
lots better at Legoland.  But if you are right next door at Disneyland, it
will be worth the walk through Downtown Disney to get to the shop.

Well, if you're buying large bricks that have a larger air-to-plastic
ratio, then by weight is better.  If you're buying small, dense plates
then there is a slight advantage to volume.  But either way, the
difference is almost negligible.

Selling by weight is more convenient for customers.  But selling by
the cup is easier for the stores.  It's just a single SKU to ring up,
and no messing with accuracy of scales, tare weight of containers, etc.

--Bill.

The most damaging phrase in the language is, "It's always been done that way."
  -- Admiral Grace Hopper