 Marketplace / Shopping / 1122
  $40 Night Lord's Castle

I was in Kay Bee Toys yesterday, and they had Night Lord's Castles (6097) discounted to 39.99 (plus tax)... I thought it was a good deal so I picked up 2 of 'em. So check out your local Kay Bee! OTHERWISE (this is why I'm posting to buy-sell-trade, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) 2 (...) of (...) be (...) Either that or Lego had some Canadian sets in a warehouse that KB showed interest in. Being a close out store (they'll buy anything cheap) that's very much more likely. Ooo that sentence hurt... Aaron (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Nope. Canadian sets all have piece counts. Must have come from somewhere else... S@H, maybe? They weren't selling that way, so they dumped them on a discount chain? James (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) 6097's (...) right (...) Could be (...) The sets that have piece counts are US and Canada only. Check the catalog that came with the set and you should be able to tell if it is european, asian, etc. I recently (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) very (...) I think the discussion on rtl concluded that they are European. They also come with a nice Fright Knight's poster. I also picked up several copies of the Model Team set 5561 for $39.99 each. I haven't looked yet to see if they have (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Hi , I went by the local KB here in Knoxville, Tn <west store> and found the 6097 for 39.99 AND buy one get 2nd one half price!! Wahoo!! They still have 6 more but I didnt ask how long the buy 1 get 2nd half is going on.... John (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) *sigh* I almost went out to check on these tonight, but when we were leaving work today I was carrying an armload of stuff, lost my footing, and ended up taking the most delightfully funny-looking spill onto the parking lot. Boxes flew (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) 2 (...) Are just the Night Lord's Castles on buy one get on 1/2 off? I was at that KB Saturday (picked up a Deep Sea Refuge) but didn't see the 1/2 off sale. I don't think I need any more castles, but I would like to get a few other things if (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) As is typical with KB Toys, the sets are pretty well hidded due to the amount of stuff that they have in the store, so you may get lucky and find them there still ;) Just look around a bit. At one store I went to they had 8 of them way up on (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Hi Naji, Apparently the buy one get 2nd half off started on Sunday, It covers all of the Legos. the regular prices are about a dollar or two above Walmarts prices but i guess if you need more than one of a set it makes it worth it John (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Just for reference, I called two KB's near me in the San Francisco area, and neither was running this sale. :^( --Raymond Flournoy ===...=== flournoy@cs.stanford.edu "Because, of course, a man with an Computer Science Dept. obsession is a man (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) They have to honor it, I work at KB and they are sent a weekly mailpack that has current running sale flyers for the whole company. That LEGO sale is a KB ToyWorks sale (larger KB store). Tell them you saw the add in the newspaper for the LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) The sign (an the sales paper) says buy one get one 1/2 off for Lego stuff, not just the 6097. I picked up 4 6097's today. Was prepared to leave 2 if there were still 6 like John reported last night, but someone must have gone by last night. I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Well, John reported 6, I only found 4. I guess someone else grabbed 2. Then again, I only looked up and down the Lego section, not even bothering to look behind me at the other shelves, and I ought to know better. So I got the 4 *visible* (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  KB and sales (was Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle)

(...) The two stores I called were both just regular "mall" KB Toys stores and not the ToyWorks stores. Is it possible that they have different sale schedules? Also, is it possible that the sales are regional? I didn't see the KB circular in the SF (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: KB and sales (was Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle)

(...) I did not see it in the SF Chron. I'll go by the San Leandro store tomorrow night. Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) I went by the KB toyworks tonight to see if they had gotten any other shipments in and found the 6441 for $29.99(same as the kbkids website) There are 8 of those sets still there and the "buy 1 get 2nd half off" was still in effect but I had (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

I went to my local KB Toy store and no sale on Lego. I spoke to the manager and she said that Toyworks is a different division but if I have the cirular from Toyworks, she would match the price. Since I don't have the flyer, no luck. Anyone willing (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)