 Marketplace / Shopping / 1123
Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Eaton writes:
I was in Kay Bee Toys yesterday, and they had Night Lord's Castles (6097)
discounted to 39.99 (plus tax)... I thought it was a good deal so I picked up • 2
of 'em. So check out your local Kay Bee!

OTHERWISE (this is why I'm posting to buy-sell-trade, too) there are still 4 • of
'em at the Kay Bee near me, so I could always pick some up and send them to
those who might be interested... It'd be 41.99 plus shipping per set...

An interesting aside-- The boxes DON'T have piece counts! All the other 6097's
I've seen in stores (and the other one I own) have had them in the lower right
hand corner of the front of the box: "Cont. 598 pcs/pcz" but oddly enough,
these don't! They also came with a 1997 catalog that I'd never seen... Could • be
they were part of the original release of the sets...

Either that or Lego had some Canadian sets in a warehouse that KB showed
interest in.  Being a close out store (they'll buy anything cheap) that's very
much more likely.  Ooo that sentence hurt...
Aaron

Anyway, email me if interested...

DaveE