 Marketplace / Shopping / 10731
  Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

All, I just got a call from a colleague in our sales department. They are working closely with the big chains this summer to clear out much of their old inventory to make way for newer products. While my colleagues were out and about all over the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Jake is correct about the old stock. I found 2-6478 Fire Fighter HQ at a TRU about a month and a half ago. The manager was happy to let them go for $10.00 each. Of course, that was in addition to the 2 loaded carts I purchased. Steven Weiser (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Woohoo! (...) There's a reason for that, too. TRU stores are notorious for tossing older stock up onto the very top shelves to get it out of the way of newer stock. Noone really looks at the top shelves (not normal people, at least), however, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Is this also happening at Canadian TRU Stores or only in US because I haven't seen any old sets, just shelves filled with brand new items. Steve (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  RE: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

Hi, I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and we visited the Niagara Falls, NY TRU last week. They had much older items than we have here (at least in Kitchener). They were clearing Rock Raiders and I did see some older sets in the "rafters"...but (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

I stopped by my TRU this afternoon. For several weeks now, they have had a series of shopping carts out front just filled with *junk* for clearance. And if it rains during the days, these carts filled with stock sit in the rain. Needless to say, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Wow, that is a find indeed! jt (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

Howdy Bob!! (...) I was there today. The one back drop was indeed $14.99. They also had an Studios "Exploding Bank" for $19.99. Also not that great of a deal, but certainly has some great parts. The Rockraiders set in question is: (URL) didn't catch (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Are they going to clearance all the over-stock? I ask because in the TRU's I have visited I have found some old Star Wars sets on clearance and some like Watto's Junkyard and Gungan Sub still at full price. The clearance seems hit or miss at (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

(...) Zellers had a couple of 6600 Highway Construction sets. Only $44.99 CDN. They brought those last year and in some places, they still have some (In many places, infact). I'm kind of interested in the 6478 Firefighters HQ set. With some good (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

They re-stocked the shelves at the TRU in niagara falls NY at the north end of Buffalo area. Loads of older star wars 7186/various other goodies. And these were not present a week or two ago so the cleaning has begun. And loads of the train set as (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)